Monday, September 23, 2013

2 weeks!

Well, I think the last 48 hours have been about as crazy as any 48 hours can be...

The first step was leaving Fargo. As excited as I am to hop on that plane to Ecuador, you wouldn't think it would be THAT unbelievably difficult to leave Fargo, but it was. And that's because for me, Fargo isn't just a place. It's where I chose to go when I left home; where I grew, changed, and learned SO much. It's where I've met some of the absolute best people in the whole world. It's where I've turned into the person I am today. For those of you Bison out there, know that every single one of you made an impact on me, whether big or small, and I'll never forget it. Like I said before, I know it's time for me to leave, but Fargo will be a part of me forever.

So after one last crazy game day with my favorite Fargo people (how 'bout them Bison?!) it was time to head home to Grand Forks to prepare for church the next morning. Neither Renae or I love public speaking, so we were a bit nervous to say the least, but somehow we managed to get up in front of the church to share the story of the trip and our hearts behind it. I always joke that I black out when I talk in front of a big group of people because I get so nervous, but for some reason yesterday was different. I LOVED being up there. I felt so lucky that everyone was willing to listen and that I got to share my dreams with them. I would also like to point out that my joke got more laughs than Renae's, hehe ;) The response was wonderful as well. We were touched by so many people, and received another $800 in donations. I'm so thankful to be part of such a supportive church family. Thank you, University Lutheran!

As usual, the timing was perfect, and the huge amount of love and support we got from everyone at church boosted us up, and served as a reminder that as hard as it was to leave our friends the day before, we are doing it for a reason. We are leaving things behind to seek more. We are giving up some of our blessings for a year in the hopes that we can bless someone else. And so, I am left feeling thankful that I have such awesome people in my life that I get to cry and be sad when it's time to leave. Because what would it mean if I could leave the place I'd spent 4 years of my life without shedding a tear or looking back? I feel lucky, and loved, and so excited to spend 2 weeks at home with my family, and then to FINALLY step foot on that plane. Exactly 2 weeks from today and the adventure will officially begin! Woop!!!

All that's left for preparation is final packing and details, so I don't think we'll have more news 'til we're down there. I'm guessing our next post will be from Ecuador :/ See you on the other side!

Love, Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment